Woodland Recordings is an artist run DIY music label, founded in Brighton in the south of England but now based in Germany. We specialise in acoustic, experimental and home recorded song and sounds.
We've been releasing music we love in very limited, handmade editions since 2007 but recently we've also been making our catalogue available digitally, organising concerts, exhibitions, putting films together and becoming less specific about what we make.
When we release music it's often in an edition of less than a hundred. These take time and a lot of effort from us and the artists we work with. We don't embark on releases with people that we're not crazy about but if you would like to be involved with us please get in touch. We don't like a lot of things but we will get back to you.
Were happy to receive anything you want to share with us. We're interested in releasing music, video work, visual art or anything that excites us. That being said, here's a couple of points to help everyone out.
- Don't worry about asking first.
- If you've already put your music out, including as a digital release, then that's not the stuff to send us. Carry on as you are and the best of luck to you.
- Please no links to streaming music - direct downloads only. Upload somewhere, grab the link and send that across.
- Please ensure everything sent is labelled properly so we know who you are later.
- Please do not send physical material in the post without asking first.
- If you can (and you can) please let us know why you're writing to WR specifically.
We'll try to quickly reply to every message, but please understand if we're a bit quiet. Sometimes this is a one man operation. Thank you.
PURCHASES AND POSTING
We accept Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and most major credit cards. Apple Pay is also now supported.
Bank transfer also possible - please email us for the numbers.
We try to send most orders within a couple of days but will write to you if this is unlikely for whatever reason.
Everything is packed carefully and sent as regular post from the south of Germany, but please let us know if you'd rather use a faster, safer option. We're looking at adding more options for this in the checkout process very soon.